Bainebridge Amenity Center Opening Soon
This email will contain reopening procedures and dates for the Amenities of Bainebridge CDD. I encourage you all to read it in its entirety because it will contain a lot of important information. The success of this reopening will depend on the cooperation and compliance of the residents.
First of all, I wanted to personally Thank the residents of Bainebridge for their extreme patience in dealing with this tough situation. Many residents have reached out to CDD Management or myself with questions and that has made explaining this complicated situation easier. As a result, your community amenities will be among the first CDD facilities to reopen in Northeast Florida. Yours will be the first and other community openings may depend on the success of this one.
Most of you know that you live within a CDD (Community Development District), but many of you may not fully understand what that means. A CDD is a special purpose municipal government entity that is required by Florida Statutes to operate as a local government. This adds many other levels of complexity to operating Amenities that is not appropriate to explain in this communication. I will work with District Management for future communication that will help educate the community about how CDD’s function differently than Homeowner Associations.
Please understand that Reopening the Amenities will come with many limitations. These limitations are not intended in any way to be permanent, and we anticipate them to relax as we transition into further pandemic recovery. If this reopening fails, the CDD will have no choice but to close the Amenities and re-evaluate. The success of this will depend solely on the residents. At this time I urge residents who are not comfortable with visiting the Amenities, have compromised immune systems, or have other risk factors for COVID+ to consider not using the amenities at this time.
We will begin scheduling food trucks again ASAP for Bainebridge and further communication will go out once we have a schedule in place. This will be for “order and go” only at this time and residents will not be allowed to bring their meals inside the facility. We currently work with a Truck scheduling coordinator but if you would like to recommend a truck, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are sick, or have been recently exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID+, please stay home until you have recovered and satisfied the recommended quarantine period.
Playground, Basketball Court/ Tennis Courts
These areas will open to residents on Tuesday, May 5th (TODAY). The Court will be made available from the hours of 9am to 8pm. All residents are expected to comply with current CDC recommendations on Social Distancing
The swimming pool will open at 11 AM in a limited capacity on Thursday, May 7th. There will be a MAXIMUM of 40 people allowed inside the facility at any given time, This number is to comply with guidelines set forth by The District’s Insurance Carrier, and District Council.
- The pool will open at 11 am to 7pm Wednesday – Sunday for general recreation and sunbathing. THE POOLS WILL BE CLOSED ON MONDAYS AND TUESDAYS FOR A LIMITED TIME.
- The maximum capacity of the facility at any given time will be 40 people. On site staff will be opening the front door of the Amenity Room for each user/family and keeping count of how many people are on site. Your access cards will not work on the gates.
- As the day progresses, residents are encouraged to call the Amenity Center office to get a current count of the facility before heading to the pool. The number is 904-374-3782. The maximum of 40 people will be strictly enforced and some residents may be asked to wait until other residents leave. Staff will not be taking reservations and the pools will be first come first serve.
- During this initial opening phase, there will be ZERO (0) guests allowed inside to use the pool. The pool will be for Bainebridge Residents only and caregivers. Caregivers/babysitters must contact the Amenity Center prior to ensure we have important information on file. Once again, this opening is only for people who live inside Bainebridge.
- All residents must vacate the building by 7pm. Staff will begin to announce closing at 6:30 pm. No new residents will be admitted into the facility after 6:30 pm to allow staff to begin closing procedures.
- Proper identification will be required initially – residents will need to bring an ID with them to show they are a resident of Bainebridge.
- No Parties or gatherings greater than 10 will be allowed. If groups larger than 10 begin to form, the entire party will be asked to leave. Failure to comply will result in immediate facility closure, the pool will be closed and everyone in the pool area asked to leave.
- Saving chairs or chaise lounges will not be permitted.
- All other policies governing the pool use will be in place.
- Residents will be required to abide by CDC recommendations of Social Distancing, and good hygiene while inside the facility. Signs will be posted reminding patrons of expected practices.
- If you are sick, or have been exposed to someone with COVID+, do not come to the facility
- If you visit the amenity center after reopening and are diagnosed with COVID+, please notify management immediately. Your identity will be kept completely anonymous.
The grill will remain closed until further notice. We will reevaluate this weekly.
The fitness room will remain closed until further notice
Currently, all reservations of the amenity room or pavilion have been suspended until further notice. There are currently no dates set for allowing reservation. Any resident who has a current reservation for 2020 is advised to make alternatives in the event current state Social Distancing Guidelines issued by the Governor of Florida are not relaxed.
Our staff has been put in a very difficult situation trying to balance reopening the facility with guidelines imposed on us. Anyone who does not comply with staff directions will be asked to leave and amenity privileges suspended until the next CDD Board of Supervisors meeting. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE STAFF A HARD TIME IF WE ARE AT CAPACITY. I hope we can expand beyond these limitations quickly. I am really counting on all of you to make this a successful reopening. If anyone has any questions, please contact me at email@example.com or 904-321-9034.
Welcome to the official website for the Bainebridge Community Development District (the “District”). This website is funded on behalf of the District to serve two major purposes. The first is to comply with Chapter 189.069 of the Florida Statutes, which requires each special district to maintain an official internet website. The second is an effort to help educate the general public about the services provided by the District, and to highlight the other agencies involved in the day-to-day operations of the community. These agencies include, but are not limited to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, Duval County and the Bainebridge homeowner’s association.
Bainebridge Community Development District Disclosure
Please be advised that the Bainebridge Community Development District (the “District”), a local unit of special purpose government created under Florida law, has constructed and is responsible for the maintenance of certain improvements, infrastructure and facilities within the District. The District financed this construction through the sale of tax-exempt bonds, a form of public financing. As a result, and in accordance with applicable federal and state law, all District owned improvements, infrastructure and facilities are and shall remain open and accessible to the general public. Should you have any questions on this matter, non-resident user fees applicable to District recreational facilities, or any other general District issue, please feel free to contact the District Manager.